Hey guys! I have something a little bit different for y’all this week, because I was nominated for The Liebster Award! Thank you so much to Kayleigh Idea for thinking of me! Make sure you check out her blog; she’s a friend of mine from the Young Writer’s Workshop and a great writer. I hope you enjoy reading my answers to her questions. 😀
1. Thank the person who nominated you, include a link to their blog, and add the Liebster Award badge to your blog and/or post.
2. Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Notify your nominees that you nominated them for the Liebster Award.
6. Ask your nominees eleven questions.
1. Do you like to read? If so, what’s your favorite book?
Yes, I love to read!! One of my goals for this year has been to read more books (both fiction and nonfiction). My favorite series is Left Behind by Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye.
2. What’s your favorite season?
I looove fall because it marks the start of a new school year! This coming fall will be quite different as it’ll be my first semester in Bible college, but I’m still super excited. I’m also a huge fan of the cool (but not cold) weather.
3. If you’re not blogging, what are you most likely doing?
I should be reading or working on my fiction projects, but more likely than not, I’d be found messaging my friends!
4. Waffles or pancakes?
Hmmm, maybe waffles? Only if there’s fruit and Cool Whip though.
5. What’s something not a lot of people know about you?
My very first pet was a hermit crab. His name was Pincher, and we had several others after him. We’ve also had up to seven parakeets at one time (we currently have four).
6. If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I love tilapia, and could probably eat that for a long while without getting tired of it. XD
7. What made you want to start blogging?
I actually started CoCo’s Chitchat in December 2017 as a writing advice blog, but I didn’t find it very interesting and wasn’t at all committed (I also didn’t know much about writing XD). Then in August 2018, I attended a youth camp with my youth group, and they asked the question, “What is one thing you’re doing right now that you could use for the glory of God?” I re-launched as a Christian living blog, and haven’t turned back since! I got more serious about it after I joined the Young Writer’s Workshop in May 2020.
8. What’s your favorite part about blogging?
My favorite part is sharing what God is teaching me in order to encourage you guys. I’m blessed to be a blessing, so I pass the lessons on!
9. What’s your least favorite part about blogging?
As much as I love to write, it does take work and discipline to get a post out every week. It can be stressful to be on a deadline and to have people depend on you. But the reward of having written consistently is always worth it!
10. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I’d live near my pen pal on the other side of the country. 🙂
11. What’s your biggest piece of advice for aspiring bloggers?
Such a great question! I would say to not be afraid of small beginnings. I know it can be discouraging to constantly write stuff that nobody is reading, but just remember that God rewards us for our faithfulness. Have fun with it, and don’t worry too much about the platform-building aspect of it right away.
Eleven random facts about me:
- I’m an INFJ
- I have younger twin sisters
- I’ll be starting at Bible college this fall (2021)
- I’ve been homeschooled my whole life
- My family took the same vacation every October for 11 years until Covid broke our tradition.
- My paper Bible is the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB), but if I read on my phone I use the newer Christian Standard Bible (CSB).
- I have memorized the book of Philippians.
- I have regularly attended a total of two churches my whole life (13 years at our first, and 3 years at our current one).
- I’m left handed.
- I’ve been told I have a weird memory because I remember small, random details. Like the fact that my mom’s old friend brought white chocolate chip cookies from Subway the last time she visited, and we tried playing Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? at the end of our hallway with her. (I blurted that all out one day because the white chocolate Hershey’s kiss I was eating reminded me of her XD).
- I’m currently working on a fantasy novel called Lost in Starless Paradox.
Since I only have two blogs to tag, I thought it would be fun to hear from my readers! So, if you’re reading this, why don’t you introduce yourself in the comments and answer some questions? I’d love to hear from you! Feel free to pick and choose, or answer all eleven!
Here you go:
- When is your “spiritual birthday,” if you have one? (the day you accepted Christ, the day you were baptized, etc).
- What is your favorite Bible story?
- Do you know the meaning of your name? What is it? (mine means “victory of the people”)
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- What do you like to do outside of school/work?
- Would you rather do laundry (including folding and putting away the clothes) or wash the dishes?
- Are you currently reading any good books?
- When was the last time you laughed/smiled, and what made you do so?
- What does your ideal vacation look like?
- What was your first pet?
- If you could spend a whole day with any one person (dead or alive, and other than Jesus), who would you spend the day with?
That’s all for now! I look forward to hearing your answers!
In Christ now and always,